3 to 8 Hours
Fody's Chicken Tikka Masala
Low FODMAP Chicken Tikka Masala Ingredients
- 1 ½ pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups Fody Low FODMAP Marinara Sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- ½ teaspoon ground cardamom
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ cup canned coconut milk
- Steamed brown basmati rice
- Fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
Cooking Directions for Low FODMAP Tikka Masala:
To start your Low FODMAP Chicken Tikka Masala, coat the inside of a crock pot with cooking spray. Place the chicken in the crock pot. Drizzle with the lime juice and sprinkle with the salt. In a medium bowl, combine the marinara sauce with the cumin, coriander, cardamom, pepper, cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg. Pour over top of the chicken. Cover crock pot and cook on low 7 to 8 hours, or on high 3 to 4 hours. Shred the chicken with two forks and stir in the coconut milk. Cover and cook on high until heated through. Serve your ready Low FODMAP chicken tikka masala over rice with cilantro sprinkled on top!
About the Chef
This Low FODMAP tikka masala recipe comes courtesy Dianne Benjamin, the author of The Low-FODMAP Cookbook: 100 Delicious, Gut-Friendly Recipes for IBS and Other Digestive Disorders (Quarto Publishing Group, 2016) and runs the blog Delicious as it Looks. She lives in Cedar Rapids, Iowa with her husband and pug. When she isn’t cooking up a storm in the kitchen or taking photos, she enjoys reading, drinking coffee and spending time with family.deliciousasitlooks.com
So, what are you waiting for?
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
Your cart -
Your cart is currently empty.