Fody's Low FODMAP Chef's Salad
Description of Fody's Low FODMAP Salad
This Low FODMAP Chef’s Salad features a variety of salad greens topped with ham, roast beef, turkey, Swiss cheese, tomato, hard-boiled egg, and Fody's Low FODMAP French Salad Dressing. It is quick and easy to put together - most of the prep is simply arranging purchased ingredients. When shopping for already roasted turkey, ham, or roast beef, make sure that they do not contain any high FODMAP ingredients. The deli counter in the supermarket is a good place to look. This creamy Fody dressing is tomato based, contains extra virgin olive oil, apple cider vinegar, chives and the tang of lime. Its slightly sweet flavor profile works perfectly with the cool crunchy vegetables, savory proteins, and the juicy tomatoes in this Low FODMAP salad.
Low FODMAP Chef's Salad Ingredients
- 4 cups (140 g) bite-sized salad greens of choice; we used mixed baby lettuces, iceberg and watercress
- 1 1/2 ounces (40 g) sliced ham
- 1 1/2 ounces (40 g) cooked roast beef, cut into large julienne
- 1 1/2 ounces (40 g) thinly sliced, roasted turkey
- 1 1/2 ounces (40 g) Swiss cheese, cut into long julienne
- 1 medium tomato, cored and cut into wedges
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and halved crosswise
- Fody French Salad Dressing
Directions for a Low FODMAP Salad
Place salad greens in a large serving bowl and arrange all your salad fixings decoratively on top. Be creative; there is no wrong way! We rolled the ham and folded the turkey, but you can arrange in any way you wish. Salad is ready to serve and everybody gets a little bit of everything. Pass the Fody Thousand Island Salad Dressing so everyone can dress their Low FODMAP salad to their liking!
You can use Low FODMAP roast beef as suggested, or if you have leftovers from home, you can certainly use that!
About the Chef
Dédé Wilson is the author of 17 cookbooks, including co-author of The Low FODMAP Diet: Step By Step. Low FODMAP Recipes come courtesy of FODMAP Everyday® where we help you thrive while following the Low FODMAP Diet.
This original low FODMAP chicken recipe was created by recipe developer and author Dédé Wilson. You can find many more original low FODMAP recipes, food and diet guidance as well as resources, support and more at FODMAP Everyday®.
So, what are you waiting for?
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
Your cart -
Your cart is currently empty.